Guys who are planning to learn the fundamentals of English can avail the handy study material using MP Board Solutions for Class 8 Special English Grammar Prepositions Questions and Answers. You Can Download MP Board Class 8 English Solutions Questions and Answers, Notes, Summary, Guide, Pdf. Refer to the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for English PDF available and score better grades. Simply click on the quick links available for MP Board Solutions for Class 8 Special English Grammar Prepositions Questions and Answers and prepare all the concepts in it effectively. Take your preparation to the next level by availing the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for Class 8 English prepared by subject experts.
MP Board Class 8th Special English Grammar Prepositions
Do you feel the concept of English is difficult to understand? Not anymore with our MP Board Solutions for Class 8 Special English Grammar Prepositions Questions and Answers. All the Solutions are given to you with detailed explanation and you can enhance your subject knowledge. Use the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for Class 8 English PDF for free of cost and prepare whenever you want.
A Preposition is a word placed before a noun or a pronoun to show its relation to some other word in the sentence; as:
1. He is true to his word.
2. They boy fell into the pit.
Chief Prepositions: At, on, in, to, by, with, for, from, out, of, up, under, upon, about, before, behind, between, beneath, within, without etc.
Use of Some Prepositions
1. At. In: At छोटे स्थान के लिए और in बड़े स्थान के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है:
1. He lives at Najaf Garh.
2. We live in India.
2. In, Into: In स्थिति का बोध कराता है, परन्तु Into गति प्रकट करता है; जैसे –
1. The boys are in the class room.
2. We went into the class room.
3. With, By: With यन्त्र के साथ और By कार्य करने वाले के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है; जैसे –
1. He cut the apple with a sharp knife.
2. The snake was killed by the farmer.
4. Since, For: Since निश्चित समय के लिए और For समय की अवधि के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है; जैसे –
1. She has been knitting since morning.
2. Ram has been sick for two days.
5. Between, Among: Between दो आदमियों या वस्तुओं के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है Among दो से अधिक के लिए; जैसे –
1. Divide these fruits between Mohini and Radha.
2. The man divided his property among his four sons.
6. On, Upon: On गतिहीन वस्तुओं की ओर और Upon गतिशील की ओर संकेत करता है; जैसे –
1. The mother is on the roof.
2. The dog jumped upon the table.
7. In, Within: In का तात्पर्य समय की समाप्ति पर, जबकि Within का तात्पर्य है समय की अवधि के अन्दर। (अर्थात् निश्चित समय के पूर्व) जैसे –
1. I shall come back in a week. (एक सप्ताह की समाप्ति पर)
2. I shall come back within a week. (एक सप्ताह समाप्त होने से पूर्व)
8. Below, Beneath: Below से पद का पता चलता है, जबकि Beneath स्थान का बोध कराता है। जैसे –
1. He is below me in rank.
2. The lion is sleeping beneath a tree.
9. Beside, Besides: Beside का अर्थ है पास और Besides का अर्थ है अतिरिक्त। जैसे –
1. She sat beside me.
2. Besides Raj, other boys came.
Fill in the blanks with suitable preposition selecting from those given in brackets:
1. I went to Bhopal _______ May. (on, in, at)
2. She bought this pen _______ ten rupees. (of, for in)
3. The monkey jumped _______ the river. (in, into, on)
4. He ran _______ the thief. (with, into, after)
5. We started _______ five _______ the morning (on, at, in)
6. He plucked an apple _______ the tree. (out, on, from)
7. The teacher beat him _______ a cane. (by, from, with)
8. He does not agree _______ me. (in, by, with)
9. Sita came _______ school (in, from, out)
10. The child fell _______ the well. (in, into, at)
Complete the following sentences by filling the suitable prepositions in the blanks :
1. I have not slept _______ yesterday.
2. He spoke _______ me _______ English.
3. She brought a doll _______ the market _______ two rupees.
4. The building was destroyed _______ fire.
5. You learn the poem _______ heart.
6. The furniture is made _______ wood.
7. Boys go to school _______ 10 o’cloek.
8. Raj lives _______ Calcutta
9. He lives _______ this building.
10. The game will begin 10 o’clock.
1. Afraid of : A cat is afraid of dogs.
2. Acquit of : The judge acquitted him of all the charges.
3. Assure of : I assure you of my help.
4. Aware of : Are you your faults of not aware.
5. Beg of : Gangu begged mercy of Hari.
6. Beware of : Beware of cheats.
7. Come of : Nanu and Nupur come of the family of writers.
8. Consist of: This book consists of three hundred pages.
9. Convict of : Jag Mohan was convicted of pick-pocketing.
10. Die of : Many men die of cholera every year.
11. Dispose of : I have disposed of my old scooter.
12. Enquire of : I enquired of him about his health.
13. Hope of : He has no hope of success.
14. Relieve of : This medicine will relieve you of your pain.
15. Taste of : This water tastes of salt.
16. Warn of : She warned me of the coming danger.
17. Abound in : This tank abounds in fish.
18. Arrive in : The Prime Minister will arrive in Delhi tomorrow.
19. Bask in : Let us bask in the sun.
20. Believe in : We should not believe in ghosts.
21. Call in : Please call in the doctor.
22. Confide in : I confide in my niece.
23. Consist in : Beauty consists in simplicity.
24. Deal in : Her father deals in sugar.
25. End in : All her efforts ended in smoke.
26. Fail in : She failed in her mission.
27. Fill in : Fill in the following blanks.
28. Give in : The enemy gave in at last.
29. Indulge in : Do not indulge in idle talks.
30. Interfere in : Do not interfere in other’s work.
31. Succeed in : You cannot succeed in the examination.
32. Trust in : Trust in God and do the right.
33. Aim at : The hunter aimed at the deer.
34. Angry at : Your father was angry at your misconduct.
35. Arrive at : You have arrived at the wrong decision.
36. Bark at : Dogs always bark at the strangers.
37. Catch at : A drowning man catches at a straw. ”
38. Grieve at : Do not grieve at your loss.
39. Grumble at : Do not grumble at your lot.
40. Knock at : Do not knock at my door.
41. Laugh at : Never laugh at the helpless.
42. Point at : The child pointed at the bird.
43. Wonder at : I wondered at the sight of the Taj.
44. Absent from : Sushma is absent from school today.
45. Abstain from : I abstain from smoking.
46. Differ from : My book differs from yours.
47. Escape from : The thief escaped from the police station.
48. Part from : The bride parted from her parents in tears.
49. Prevent from : The teacher prevented her from entering the classroom.
50. Protect from : The umbrella protects us from sun and shower.
51: Recover from : She has recovered from illness.
52. Ask for : He asked me for a loan of money.
53. Blame for : Do not blame anybody for your failure.
54. Care for : He does not care for my advice.
55. Die for: A soldier should be ready to die for his country.
56. Feel for : The rich should feel for the poor.
57. Fight for : We should fight for our rights.
58. Grieve for : Do not grieve for your parents.
59. Hope for : Always hope for the best.
60. Live for : We should fight for our country.
61. Long for : Do not long for a very long life.
62. Look for : I am looking for my lost purse.
63. Pay for : You will have to pay for your folly.
64. Pray for : Should I pray for your welfare.
65. Prepare for : We should be prepared for the worst.
66. Send for : Send for the doctor at once.
67. Take for : The police took him for a thief.
68. Wait for : I am waiting for my friend.
69. Agree with : I cannot agree with you.
70. Angry with : Do not be angry with me.
71. Begin with : The function began with a song.
72. Charge with : He has been charged with murder.
73. Compare with : Compare this apple with that.
74. Deal with : You should deal with all in a polite way.
75. Differ with : I differ with you on this point.
76. Disagree with : I disagree with you on this point.
77. Fight with : We must not fight with our neighbours.
78. Fill with : Fill this cup with tea.
79. Interfere with : Do not interfere with others.
80. Mix with : Do not mix with idlers.
We wish the knowledge shared regarding MP Board Solutions for Class 8 Special English Grammar Prepositions Questions and Answers has been helpful to you. If you need any further help feel free to ask us and we will get back to you with the possible solution. Bookmark our site to avail the latest updates on different state boards solutions in split seconds.