Students who are studying 11th can get the free Madhya Pradesh Board Solutions for 11th English Unit 5 Using A Dictionary Questions and Answers PDF here. You can download MP Board Class 11th English Solutions Questions and Answers PDF on this page. Practice questions of Mp Board Solutions of 11th English subject as many times as possible to get good marks.
MP Board Class 11th English A Voyage Workbook Solutions Unit 5 Using A Dictionary
Gather chapter wise MP Board Solutions for 11th English Study Material to score the highest marks in the final exam. Various chapters and subtopics are given clearly in MP Board Class 11th English Solutions Unit 5 Using A Dictionary Questions and Answers Material. All the MP Board Solutions for 11th English Questions with detailed answers are provided by subject experts. The step by step MP Board Class 11th English Unit 5 Using A Dictionary Questions and Answers guide will help you to enhance your skills in English subject and A Voyage Workbook Solutions. Here, along with the subject knowledge, A Voyage Workbook Solutions knowledge also plays an important role. So, students should download MP Board Solutions 11th English and read it to attempt all the questions with 100% confidence.
See Workbook Page 193-194
Consult a dictionary and answer the following:
Are the following pairs of words pronounced alike?
yes, put a (✓) mark against that pair and of no, put (✗) mark against that pair :
- principal — principle (✓)
- where — were (✗)
- oral — auraI (✗)
- sailing — selling (✗)
- horse — hoarse (✗)
- Stationary — stationery (✓)
- except — accept (✗)
- advise — advice (✗)
- Caste — cast (✓)
- rite — riot (✗)
IdentIfy the part of speech of ‘round’ in the following sentences:
- The final of voting is going on. Noun
- Her eyes with terror. Verb
- The earth moves the sun. Adverb
- The students stood waiting for the teacher. Preposition
- He has some beautiful and balls. Adjective
Two different pronunciations of the following words have
been given. Put a (✓) mark against the right pronunciation. Check your answer from the dictionary.
Look up the meaning of each of the following words. List at least two different meanings for each word.
Look up each of the following words. Decide whether both spellings are in use or one is more common than the other.
- color – color
- acknowledgment – acknowledgment
- harbour – harbor
- lambast – lambaste
- fledgeling – fledgling.
- programme – program
- center – center
- almanac – almanack
- moveable – movable
- focused – focussed
Find out plurals of the following nouns. If words have two plurals write both.
- scarf – scarfs
- memorandum – meronda
- formula – formulas/ formula
- motto – mottos
- duck – ducks
- fungus – fungi
- syllabus – syllabii
- dwarf – dwarfs
- medium – media
- lacuna – lacuae/lacunas
- buffalo – buffaloes
- pheasant – pheasants/pheasant
Find out the meanings of the following phrases/idioms.
- a curate’s egg — something that has some good parts and some bad ones.
- to crown it all — the worst of all in a series of unpleasant events.
- be in the doghouse — somebody’s arnnoyance for doing wrong.
- draw a blank — to get no response or result.
- an educated guess – a correct and calculated guess
- fast and furious — full of rapid action and sudden changes.
Above provided complete MP Board Solutions 11th English Study guide is useful for making your preparation effective. Students can frequently visit our page to get the latest updates on other subjects study materials.