Get Updated MP Board Solutions for Class 7 Special English Solutions Chapter 20 The Story of Writing Questions and Answers in PDF Format and download them free of cost. These are provided as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus. Access the topics of Chapter wise and communication skills, grammer part through the direct links available depending on the need. You can Download MP Board Class 7 English Solutions and can score highest grade in examination. Clear all your queries on the Mp Board Solutions for Class 7 English Chapter 20 The Story of Writing Questions and Answers Subject by using the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for existing.
MP Board Class 7th Special English Solutions Chapter 20 The Story of Writing
If you are eager to know about the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for Class 7 English you will find all of them here. You can identify the knowledge gap using these MP Board Solutions for English PDF and plan accordingly. Don’t worry about the accuracy as they are given after extensive research by people having subject knowledge along side from the latest English Syllabus.
The Story of Writing Text Book Exercise
Answer these Questions
Mp Board Class 7th English Chapter 20 Question 1.
How would our travel suffer in the absence of writing?
In the absence of writing our travel would suffer a great deal. Buses and trains would not run. Ships would not sail and aeroplanes would not fly. There would be no reference books for engineers to enable them to keep the machines in order. Because they cannot retain all the information in their minds.
Class 7 English Chapter 19 The Story Of Writing MP Board Question 2.
How does commerce depend upon writing?
Commerce in the modern world is carried on mainly with the help of cheques, account books and correspondence. In case the writing disappears, all these would disappear. National and international trade would become impossible and come to stop.
Lesson 19 The Story Of Writing MP Board Question 3.
What did the Scythians send to the Persians? What did they want to tell the Persians?
The Sycthians sent the Persians a bird, a mouse, a frog and five arrows. They wanted to tell the Persians through these signs that if they could not fly like birds and hide themselves in the earth like mice arid jump over water like frogs, they should not try to go to war with them. They would attack the Persians with arrows and defeat them. They meant to warn them against waging a war.
Class 7th English Chapter 20 MP Board Question 4.
What does hieroglyphics mean?
Hieroglyphics means ‘sacred writing.’ It is a kind of picture writing.
Class 7 English Chapter 20 MP Board Question 5.
Why is it difficult to learn Chinese?
Chinese is a kind of picture writing. The symbols used in it are called pictures or characters. The characters do not represent sounds but ideas. There are characters for every kind of object and for every idea. It is therefore very difficult to learn Chinese because one has to master almost as many characters as one has ideas. Since the number of characters runs to several thousands it takes a long time to learn Chinese.
Mp Board Solution Class 7th English Question 6.
What is an alphabet? How is it a better system than picture writing?
An alphabet is a collection of letters. Each letter stands for a sound of the language. The letters are learnt in a fixed order. Instead of drawing pictures of objects we talk about, this system of writing represents the sounds we use in our speech. As the sounds of any one language are not many, we need not have a large number of symbols. In most languages the letters of the alphabet are never more than fifty. But we can form several hundreds or thousands of words by combining letters. The alphabetic system of writing is therefore far better than picture writing.
Special English Class 7th MP Board Question 7.
In what direction are most languages written?
Most languages are written from left to right. However there is no fixed direction of writing. For instance, Urdu and Arabic are written from right to left, Chinese is written vertically and hieroglyphics could be written in all directions.
Class 7th Chapter 20 MP Board Question 8.
What, according to the simple servant, was magical about the letter?
The simple servant thought that there must be something magical in the letter.
He failed to understand how it could see him eating the mangoes and tell his master’s daughter about it.
A. Write one word for the following. Choose from the given words
(alphabets, cheque, commerce, Correspondence, account, direction.)
The buying and selling of goods and services
- A set of letters used for writing a language
- The general position a person or thing moves or points towards.
- A printed form that you can write on as a way of paying for something.
- An arrangement that somebody has with a bank.
- The letters a person sends or receives.
B. Rearrange the letters and make meaningful words.
l,o,b,m,s,y → symbol
- g,n,i,s → s ………… n
- s, y, c,l,m,u → c ……….. y
- t,s,y,s,m,e → s ………… m
- q,u,e,h,c,e → c …………. e
- e,c,a,v,r → c …………. e
- e,d,a,s,r,c → s ………… d
Grammar in Use
A. In the examples given below, notice how the sentences against (1) have been joined in (2) by using ‘not only’, ‘but also’/’as well’.
1. He is a good student. He is also a fine sports person.
2. He is not only a good student, but also a fine sports person.
1. This table can be used for writing. It can be used for dinner as well.
2. This table can be used not only for\writing but for dinner as well.
1. He speaks French and German. He also speaks many Indian languages.
2. Not only does he speak French and Gerpian, but also many Indian languages.
1. Mother gave he children ice cream. She gave them cold drink as well.
2. Not only did mother give her children ice cream, but cold drink as well.
B. Now join these sentences as shown in the examples above.
- Jack was very intelligent. He was also hard working.
- He was hungry. He was tired as well.
- It is difficult to lift the stone. It is also difficult to break it.
- The students were tired. The teachers were also tired.
- He works hard at school. He also works hard on his father’s farm.
- Jack was not only intelligent, but also hardworking.
- He was not only hungry but also tired.
- It is not only difficult to lift the stone but also to break it.
- Not only the students but the teachers also were tired.
- He works hard not only at school, but also on his father’s farm.
C. Punctuate the following paragraph using .,?”” and capital letters, so we see that in absence of writing.
Our civilization would not only come to a stop but within another half of a century we would lose all that humanity has achieved in science and industry during the past thousand years in about fifty years we would find ourselves as uncivilized as the cave men of the past and we would have to learn the art of writing all over agian.
So we see that in absence of writing our civilization would not only come to a stop but within another half of a century we would lose all that humanity has achieved in science and industry during the past thousand years. In about fifty years we would find ourselves as uncivilized as the cave men of the past, and we would have to learn the art of writing, all over again.
Sit in groups of four and five. Look at a currency note and talk about its features (marks, figures, shapes, size etc.)
Find answer to these.
- How many languages are there on the currency note?
- How many pictures are there on the currency note?
- How many signatures are there on a currency note?
- There are fourteen languages in the currency note.
- There are three pictures on the currency note. Two on the front and one on the back.
- There are two signatures (one in Hindi and one in English) on a currency note.
Find out what languages are written on a hundred rupee note. Write down the names of the languages and the regions where these are spoken.
Complete the table with the help of your teacher.
Let’s Do It
Interview your friends who speak regional languages mentioned above (some or any of them) and write it in the proper column. Use this table for the interview.
The Story of Writing Word Meanings
We believe the information shared regarding MP Board Solutions for Class 7 English Chapter 20 The Story of Writing Questions and Answers as far as our knowledge is concerned is true and reliable. In case of any queries or suggestions do leave us your feedback and our team will guide you at soonest possibility. Bookmark our site to avail latest updates on several state board Solutions at your fingertips.