Guys who are planning to learn the fundamentals of English can avail the handy study material using MP Board Solutions for Class 8 English Chapter 9 To the Rescue Questions and Answers. You Can Download MP Board Class 8 English Solutions Questions and Answers, Notes, Summary, Guide, Pdf. Refer to the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for English PDF available and score better grades. Simply click on the quick links available for MP Board Solutions for Class 8 English Chapter 9 To the Rescue Questions and Answers and prepare all the concepts in it effectively. Take your preparation to the next level by availing the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for Class 8 English prepared by subject experts.
MP Board Class 8th Special English Solutions Chapter 9 To the Rescue
Do you feel the concept of English is difficult to understand? Not anymore with our MP Board Solutions for Class 8 English Chapter 9 To the Rescue Questions and Answers. All the Solutions are given to you with detailed explanation and you can enhance your subject knowledge. Use the Madhya Pradesh State Board Solutions for Class 8 English PDF for free of cost and prepare whenever you want.
To the Rescue Textual Exercise
(A) Fill in the blanks with the words opposite in meaning to the ones given in bold letters.
- Mala is tidy but her handwriting looks ………………….
- Brave children are rewarded but not the …………………. ones.
- The above story is real but the names of the characters are ………………….
- Ashutosh is wealthy but he does not hate the ………………….
- Delhi is …………………. in winter but hot in summer.
(B) The following boxes contain words, which are related to the names of different games. Find the names of the games. Two are done for you.
Cricket Chess Badminton Boxing Hockey Polo Tennis Judo.
(C) Here is a picture of ice-cream having four parts. Find out their meanings in the ballons around the ice-cream :
A. Monotonous-boring, B. Grabhold somebody or something, C. Ignore-no attetion, D. Insult-offend some body.
(D) Choose one of the words in the brackets to complete these sentences.
A (massage, message) will help in pain.
A massage will help in pain.
The policeman tried to (sieze, seize) the gun.
The policeman tried to seize the gun.
The cold weather (affects, effects) my nose and makes me sneeze.
The cold weather affects my nose and makes me sneeze.
The man stood on the (mushy,marshy) ground.
The man stood on the marshy ground.
These apples taste (sour, sore).
These apples taste sour.
Sonali (patted, pated) her pet dog on the head.
Sonali patted her pet dog on the head.
Sheetal lay on his bed staring at the ceiling, sealing).
Sheetal lay on his bed staring at the ceiling
(A) Answer the following questions :
Why did Anu take admission in a public school?
Anu took admission in a public school because her father was transferred to the city.
How was Anu’s first day at school?
Anu’s first day at school was not at all good. It was monotonous.
What did Anu’s do when she saw Kala drowning?
Anu at once jumped into the pool when she saw Kala drowning.
What was the question Mala ask Anu when Kala was taken out of the pool?
When Kala was taken out of the pool, Mala asked Anu why she pushed her (Kala) into the water.
Did Anu, Kala and Mala become friends at the end? If yes, which statement in the lesson proves this?
Yes, Anu, Kala and Mala became friends at the end. The statement that proves this is given below: “Kala would have drowned but for you.” Mala said.
(B) Fill in the blanks with appropriate form of the words given below :
(pat, monotyny, discuss, friend, drown)
- Kala was ……………… in the pool.
- The Principal ……………… Anu for her bravery.
- Anu ar.d Mala became ……………… later.
- The first day at school was ……………… for Anu.
- Anu’s father ……………… the matter with the teacher.
(A) Supply the missing punctuation marks in the following sentences :
- Be careful said the officer.
- What are you doing
- He said I shall go to bhopal.
- my dinner is ready to be served.
- Its wonderful.
- Wow what a beautiful thing.
- “Be careful” said the officer.
- What are your doing?
- He said, “I shall go to Bhopal.”
- My dinner is ready to be served.
- It’s wonderful!
- Wow! what a beautiful thing!
(B) Change into negative sentences :
- Anu spent her day in monotony.
- Was Mala able to win the match?
- Reena helped Kala.
- 4. Mala liked Anu’s company.
- 5. Seema plays badminton very well.
- 6. Do you study in the evenings?
- Anu did not spend his day in monotony.
- Was Mala not able to win the match?
- Reena did not help Kala.
- Mala did not like Anu’s company.
- Seema does not play badminton very well.
- Do you not study in the evenings?
(C) Study the sentences :
Kala would have drowned but for you.
But for the service done by the green
plants, animals would die out for lack of food.
Make three sentences from this table.
(i) But for the green plants animals would soon die out.
(ii) But for your help I would have been in serious trouble.
(iii) But for adequate rainfall this year people would have faced another famine.
Read the following passage carefully :
Once three friends set out on a long journey in search of jobs. As they passed through a dense forest, they saw a bag full of gold coins and felt very happy. They decided to divide the coins equally among themselves.
All of them were hungry, so one of them went to a nearby village to buy food. The friend who went to the village became greedy and he mixed poison in the food. The other two also became greedy, so they, too, made a plan to kill the third one. So when he came back, they killed him with a knife. After killing him they ate the poisoned food and fell down dead. As a result no one could get the money.
Now answer the following questions :
1. Why did the three friends decide to go on a long journey?
2. What did they see while passing through the forest?
3. What did they decide to do with the coins?
4. What did the friend who had gone to fetch food decided to do with his other friends?
5. What is the moral of the story?
6. Write the words which have been used in the passage to describe the following:
1. ……………… journey.
2. ……………… forest
3. ……………… food
4. ……………… coins
1. The three friends decided to go on a long journey in search of jobs.
2. While passing through the forest, they saw a bag fall of gold coins.
3. They decided to divide the coins equally among themselves.
4. He decided to mix poison in the food of his other friends.
5. Don’t be greedy.
6. 1. long journey, 2. dense foreset, 3. poisoned food, 4. gold coins.
(A) Look at the ballons, there are names of some famous players of different games. You have to write their names in the boxes of the concerned game.
To the Rescue Word Meanings
We wish the knowledge shared regarding MP Board Solutions for Class 8 English Chapter 9 To the Rescue Questions and Answers has been helpful to you. If you need any further help feel free to ask us and we will get back to you with the possible solution. Bookmark our site to avail the latest updates on different state boards solutions in split seconds.