MP Board Class 7th Social Science Solutions Chapter 15 The President and the Central Council of Ministers
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 15 Text Book Questions
Choose the correct alternatives from the following
Class 7 Social Science Chapter 15 MP Board Question 1.
The term of the office of the President is
(a) 6 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 5 years
(d) 4 years
(c) 5 years
Mp Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 15 Question 2.
The power to grant pardon lies with the
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Defense Minister
(c) Vice President
Fill in the blanks:
- The Vice President is the ex-officio ……………………… of the Rajya Sabha.
- ……………………… allocates portfolios among-st the Ministers.
- The elected members of the State Legislative Assemblies and elected members of …………….. participate in the election of the President
- …………………….. appoints die Governors of the state.
- Prime Minister
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 15 Short Answer Type Questions
7th Class Social 15th Lesson Questions And Answers MP Board Question 1.
Why the Vice President never participates in the voting of a bill?
The Vice President never participates in the voting of a bill because he is not an elected member of the Rajya Sabha.
Class 7th Social Science Mp Board Question 2.
When does the President issue ordinance?
The President can issue ordinance when the Parliament is not in session.
Mp Board Solution Class 7 Social Science Question 3.
How many types of executives are there in a Parliamentary form of Democracy?
In a Parliamentary form of Government there are two types of executives-Executive in name and the real executive.
MP Board Class 7th Social Science Chapter 15 Long Answer Type Questions
Mp Board Solution Class 7th Social Science Question 1.
What are the qualifications necessary for the post of the President?
Qualification for President:
- He must be a citizen of India.
- He must have completed 35 years of age.
- He must qualify to be elected as member of the Lok Sabha.
- He must not hold any office of profit in file government.
The President is elected by the elected members of the State Assemblies and the Parliament.
Class 7th Social Science Mp Board Solution Question 2.
Explain the powers of the President.
The powers of file President –
- The President appoints the Prime Minister. On file advice of the Prime Minister, he also appoints others Ministers.
- He is the chief executive of the country. He appoints the Governors of the States, Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme Court and die High Court.
- He also appoints the Chairman and die members of the National Human Rights Commission.
- He can issue ordinance when the parliament is not in session. This ordinance is as good as a law.
- The President has the power to grant pardon, reprieve, or remission of punishment or commute death sentence.