MP Board Class 6th Social Science Solutions Chapter 20 India’s Relations with the other Asian Countries
MP Board Class 6th Social Science Chapter 20 Text Book Exercise
Answer the following questions in (very Short Answer Type):
Why was Roman Historian Pleeny upset?
The Historian Pleeny was very much upset due to the increase in the import of silk, cotton, spices and jewellery. The import of these goods caused a lot of Roman wealth reach India.
What was the ancient name of Cambodia?
Kamboj was the ancient name of Cambodia.
What do you understand by the silk route?
There was a trade route between China and Western Asia through Central Asia. This was called the Silk Route because Chinese silk was one of the main item of trade.
Answer the following questions in (Short Answer Type):
Who preached Buddhism in Sri Lanka? Who established Indian state there?
From the older time, India had close relation with Sri Lanka. Ashoka sent his son Mahendra and daughter Sanghmitra to spread Buddhism to Sri Lanka. The king of Sri Lanka Tiss had adopted Buddhism. Since then Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country. Mahavamsa and Dipavamsa were the famous Sri Lankan Buddhist sources. Raja Rama and Vijay Prince of Kathiawad established and Indian State at Sri Lanka.
Where is Gandhar and why it is famous?
Gandhar was situated in Afganistan. Gandhar was the main centre of Buddhism. The oldest statues of Buddha were made here.
What did Arabs learn from India?
The Arabs learnt the “Indian numerical system” and “the decimal system” from India. They called the Indian numerical system, “the Hindsa.” The Europeans received this knowledge from the Arabs. Therefore, they call this numerical system “Arabic”. In older times Arabs came to India to study Science, Mathematics, Astrology, Philosophy, Medicine and Literature.
Answer the following questions in detail:
Who was the founder of Islam? Give the main characteristics of this religion?
Prophet Muhammad was the founder of Islam.
Main Characteristics of this Religion are:
- There is only one God called Allah and it is useless to worship many gods.
- Muslims should pray to God five times a day, they should keep fasts, and perform the pilgrimage at Mecca.
- Muslims should give one-eleventh of their income in charity.
- Every one is equal in the eyes of God. All men are brothers.
- Muslims should not accept the ideas of class or caste.
- Man should do good deeds to attain Heaven.
- Man should lead simple and pious life. Gambling and drinking are sin. Man should always speak the truth.
Who are Parsis? Give information of their religious belief?
Parsis are Aryans and their religion was founded by Zarathustra. The preechings of Zarathustra is called in the holy book Zend -e Avesta. According to linguists this is contemperory of the Rigveda of the Indian Aryans. India had relation with Persia since ancient times.
In 936 AD, the Parsis left Iran out of fear of Muslim invasion and came to India. The king of Gujarat Yadav Rana welcomed them. Parsis believe that God had given fire to Zarathustra. They were worshipper of fire before leaving Iran and brought the fire with them. The fire a still burning in Bombay at Udwad. Like Hindus, Parsis also wear the sacred thread Sadar – e – karti. This shows that they resolve to follow the right path.
Who was the founder of Christianity? Write the main characteristics of this religion?
The founder of Christianaity, Jesus was a follower of Judaism. Main Characteristics of this Religion are:
Christianity believed in the existence of a single God, who in Almighty. Jesus Christ is the messenger and son of God. It emphasised on love and humanity. It also emphasied on purity of life. Men, according to the Christianity, are sons of God and hence they should live a noble life. The souls of the pure hearted persons will go to heaven and will be united with God.
Fill in the blanks choosing correct alternative:
- In Gandhar ……………… ancient statues were made (Jain/Buddha’s).
- Emperor Ashok sent ………………. to Sri Lanka to preach Buddhism (Surendra/Mahendra).
- There is the temple of ……………….. in Ankowat (Vishnu/Shiva)
- The temple of Jews is called ………………….. (Church/Synagogue).
- Prophet Muhammad was born at ……………….. (Mecca/Madina).
- The original coutry of Parsis is ………………. (Iraq/Iran).
See the Atlas of India and make a list of Islands?
Fill in the map of world with countries to which India had relation?